Friday, January 30, 2015

Five for Friday .. and a Math Freebie!

It's Friday, it's Friday, it's the end of the week it's the last day..!  Whew this has been a WEEK!  I was exhausted... until I took that marvelous nap!  Thank. God. for. naps.   I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for 5 for Friday!  Here's what's been going on in and outside of the classroom this week:


I busted out my Winter Literacy and Math Center pack this week for some math fun.  It's filled with some REALLY great math activities for those difficult Operations & Algebraic Thinking standards (students have THE toughest time with them).  I put a true and false sort and fact family center in their math bins this week for some review.  Check below for a  freebie!




Check out the COMPLETE bundled pack with math and literacy sources!  



 I have quick 2-3 minutes individual conferences with my kids to discuss glows and grows  before they fill out their data chart.  They feel more ownership with their learning and it's great to here them communicate their own strengths and areas to improve.  This is a picture of a student who scored a 20% on his pretest and just saw that he scored a 85% on the post!! Woohoo for growth!!! 



My Thursday night line up is back!!  I haven't watched Grey's yet this season, but so glad Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder are BACK!  Get the wine ready!




 I needed a new heart rate monitor and something to get me motivated decided to invest in a Fitbit.  It was double the price of my old monitor, but so worth it!  Initially, I thought I didn't care about steps or sleep patterns, I just wanted to know how many of those tiny creatures called calories I burned during my workout.  After having it for a week, I realized that knowing all that information was motivating.  You can set up goals for everything that is tracked and it syncs with MyFitnessPal, which I use to track food.  The best part is that you can challenge other Fitbit friends.  I'm competitive, so it motivates me to get up and moving.  Add me if you own one (Chankyna Aribo)!  I'm also looking for more people to challenge.


 Are you ready for some football?!  I grew up in CT so when I'm not rooting for my beloved Redskins, I root for my Michigan man Tom Brady and the rest of the Pats, BUT I really like Wilson and want him to win back to back Superbowls.  So basically, I'm just hoping for a great game, good commercials, an entertaining Katy Perry performance and fun times with my friends (that's not too much to ask is it?)!



No comments:

Post a Comment