Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

Just stopping by to show some pictures of my students enjoying their Suesstastic Day!  Check out the previous post for more details and links to the resources!

The kids are busy reading Dr. Seuss books so that they have a favorite to write about!


We had a special visitor today!  He is a teacher at school and the kids loved seeing "The Cat in the Hat."

Making math fun with  Lorax Shapes!  The kids had really loved this project!  
Source:  Teach With me



              


 Ended the day with reading "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish."  I wanted something that could be quick so I used jello pudding packs and couldn't find blue... but Dr. Seuss is all about imagination anyways right?  Red "water" for the fishies it is!! 

What's a post celebrating Dr. Seuss without some life-changing quotes?

4 comments:

  1. This is a great find! I love the idea of teaching shapes through the Lorax. Thanks for sharing! Also, your kids did a great job with their writing about shapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I just found your cute blog. I am a fellow Georgia teacher.Applelight Moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Just went over to your blog and I'm now your newest follower!

      Delete
  3. Hi,
    I just came upon your super cute blog! Looks great!

    Your newest follower,
    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete